Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Big D Part One

So this past weekend I travelled with two awesome friends, Jen and Kevin to Detroit.
I had so much fun. So you will have to apease me, for I am going to tell you all the details.
The trip started on Saturday morning we all met at Jen's house for 8.
I had never been to Jen's house so I get there and I ring the bell and wait. All of a sudden this lady comes to the door (NOT Jen)and it hits me. I am an idiot. I got the street names mixed up and have woke up this poor lady...the lady was very gracious and also happened to know exactly where I was looking for so she sent me on my way and I found Jen's actual house without a problem.
Kevin got there shortly after and we started our journey. We went to Starbucks first to get the neccesary coffee. I had a really yummy bagel as well. We proceeded on our journey. I haven't laughed that hard in such a long time... we crossed the border and were officially in the US.
We continued to a coffee shop called Caribou Coffee. We then went to Kevin's parents house where we met his dad and dropped off our stuff. We all went out for lunch to this pancake house in his dad's van. The van FREAKED me out. It had automatic doors and it scared me. Lunch was really good Jen and I split an omlet and pancakes and I tried some of Kevin's cornedbeef hash.
We then went to a mall so that Jen could hunt down some PROJECT RED apparel. We cruised around for a while and went into an apple store... I think I know what I am going to ask Santa for christmas.
We went back to the Chen's and got ready for dinner. We left and picked up Kevin's mom. Man her reaction to Kevin's hair was sooooo funny. I have a new nickname for him.....Burnsy... he will be known as this now until he fixes the burns!!!!!!
Thats it for part one. More of the full story to tell tomorrow.

4 comments:

Margie said...

You forgot to include; what you were wearing, when you peed and dropped a load, and what the waiters names were...

Please be more detailed next time:)

Kev Chen said...

Detroit was a better place after having you visit. Thanks for coming, and looking forward to hearing more of your thoughts!!

Anonymous said...

Had such a great time laughing till we cried. Poor Kevin thought we were nuts!

Jaci said...

Eagerly awaiting part two.....