Saturday, April 12, 2008

My Trip to the US


As many of you know or may have guessed I am a bit of a home body. What I mean by that is that I haven't really been anywhere all that exciting and generally stay in my own little bubble. 
Well, a few weeks ago I went on a little trip to the US. I started in Toronto, flew to Charlotte, North Carolina, then flew to Fayetteville, Arkansas.
My grandfather had been vacationing there for the month of March and he picked me up from the airport and we drove to the Promise Land Resort, located off of Bull Shoals Lake. 
I am sorry to say that I fell asleep on the way to the resort... but a girl needs her beauty rest after being up for almost 24 straight hours.
I did see some amazing views... it was spring like there... beautiful dogwood trees, mistletoe growing in the tops of trees, tons and tons of deer and many others. 
I also experienced the infamous Cracker Barrel, and Bob Evans... ate the white gravy, biscuits and delicious fried apples.
I had a great time... on the drive back I got to use my geography skills by reading state maps and all I have to say about that is that I am thankful that we didn't get lost.
I feel like I have seen a little bit more of the world. I guess traveling (especially going through 10 states in 5 days) will do that to you. The picture is of the resort looking out to the lake. I haven't gotten my own pictures developed yet, soon though! 
Now I have the traveling bug... I wonder where I should go next???

3 comments:

Margie said...

I am so happy you had a good time!!!

Can't wait to hear all about it!

Anonymous said...

glad you are back.
love
grandma

Kev Chen said...

Here's a recommendation for your next trip:

TEXAS!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope you enjoyed your stay in the US of A.