Sunday, January 20, 2008

Really Long Time

So its been a really long time since I blogged and I thought I would correct it by telling you about my trip to visit a friend of mine that I also hadn't seen in a very long time.

So last weekend I did a spur of the moment thing. I took an 16+ hour journey to visit my friend Bradley and his wife Christine. It was the first time in about 3-4 years that I had seen Bradley and the first time ever that I met his wife.
It was a really good time. Bradley is in the Military. He is apart of the Royal Canadian Dragoons. He did a tour in Kandahar Afaganastan last year which he had lots to talk about.(Both good and bad) It was very eye opening for me in a lot of ways but also cool to meet his wife and catch up. I am still recouperating from the bus rides there and back but as Bradley said its nothing like being in a tank overseas. (just a das of perspective)
I have some other pictures of the tanks and such that I got to see in the hanger, and maybe if you are lucky I will actually remember to post again and will have them up here.

This trip made me think and process a lot of stuff....And I want to express my appreciation for those who have risked their lives for our Country. I also wish to express my condolences to the families who have lost people, and to the families who go without their loved ones for months at a time while they are on tour. It takes some kind of super strength to do what you do.

On a side note, I also wanted to mention how deeply blessed I am to have a warm house to live in and clothes to wear. Along my journey I was in TO and was put face to face again with how much homelessness is an issue. Last weekend it wasn't as cold as this one, and I just hope and pray that everyone makes it through safe.

Thats all....

No comments: