Monday, April 02, 2007

Strength Surrendered

As long as I can remember I have pictured my Great Aunt Willa as a small but mighty woman. She has had numerous bouts of cancer and treatments. I would say that for at least the last decade or more of her life she has battled with or been in remission from one form of cancer or another and has won. She has fought it off and lived to tell the tale of survival of a hideous desease that hits hundrends of thousands of people. That was until Sunday. I got the email a few weeks ago that she wasn't doing well and that it was just a matter of time... I guess that this time... it was time...her strength just simply surrendered.
Peace be with her finally, peace be with my cousins, as they say goodby to their mom, my Uncle Fred as he says goodbye to his wife and my Grandmother and Aunt Grace as they remember their sister; one of the bravest and strongest women I know.

1 comment:

Jaci said...

Our thoughts and prayers are with you Tash.